Pages that are UNDER DEVELOPMENT may be incomplete, but all information they contain should be accurate.
|Title||The Max Headroom Show|
|UK Air Date||29 Jun 1985|
|US Air Date||NA|
|Crew||Talk Show Crew|
This crossover episode of the original Max Headroom video show featured the usual videos, along with Max's introductions and riffs, but included his first interview with Sting as well.
The MaxRchives contain a complete recording of this show.
Videos & Segments
- A bored couple argues in voiceover about Max and watching the show. ("His last"?)
- Announcer introduces Max.
- Opening riff by Max:
- Thank you (once or twenty times)
- It's time for the new game show, "Get Excited!" (Max introduces his lovely assistants, explains the rules and tells how the Excite-O-Graph will determine who goes on to the next round.)
- Max tells some golf jokes, followed by some Formula 1 jokes.
- "Isn't it amazing how things can go wrong? The best laid plans of Max and men..."
- Max announces his interview with Sting, who showed up at 7 a.m. at his home.
- (Commercial break - Clairol, Tennant's and In-Toto)
- Max explains how for 12 weeks he's been allowed into our homes, and now he's going to let us into his, to interview Sting.
- Max and his guest Sting discuss:
Quotes & Caps
- Male Viewer: "Whyn't you sit still and try to watch."
- Female Viewer: "Watch what?"
- Male Viewer: "Max Headroom. It's his last show."
- Female Viewer: "Oh, yeah? 'Oo's 'e?"
- Male Viewer: "Who's 'e! Well, 'e's this bloke. Well, sort of... well, he's sort of... well, 'alf and 'alf, if you know what I mean.
- Female Viewer: "Oh, yeah, sounds great."
- Male Viewer: "All right, all right! If you must know, 'e's a computer-generated microcosm of the television age, incorporatin' a fusion of visual and verbal originality, to represent the in'erant diverse of the all-round TV personality. And 'e plays pop videos and all.
- Female Viewer: "Oh, that Max 'Eadroom."
- Announcer: "Good morning, Sydney! Good afternoon, Los Angeles! Good evening, England! And it's the Max Headroom Show! Tonight on the show, it's more pop videos! Max gives away prizes, Max looks back, forward, and meets the stars with his old buddy Sting. He's turned down a Pro-Am golf tournament to be here with you all tonight, he's the man of the moment, his is Mr. TV himself... Max Headroom!"
- Max: "Oh-oh-oh-k-k-k-kay. For the last twelve weeks, you have been kind enough to allow little old moi into your home; now I'm going to let vous into mine. And so, ink-ga-da-dink-dink, dink-dink, the Max Headroom Show takes a giant whit whit leap sideways onto my cocktail bar as I welcome - at last, ha ha - a guest on my show."
- : "
- : "
- : "
- : "
- : "