Pages that are UNDER DEVELOPMENT may be incomplete, but all information they contain should be accurate.
|Title||The Max Headroom Show|
|UK Air Date||15 Jul 1985|
|US Air Date||13 Nov 1985|
Complete Sting interview segment.
|Crew||Talk Show Crew|
The first Max Headroom show of the second season, with its new focus on guest interviews, featured a repeat of the Sting interview, but in a new edit.
The MaxRchives contain a complete recording of the Cinemax version of this episode. A clip of this version of the Sting interview can be found on YouTube.
Videos & Segments
Video listing not yet verified
- Jean-Michel Jarre: "Zoolook"
- King Kurt: "Designation Zululand"
- Japan: "Visions of China"
- Cabaret Voltaire: "Sensoria"
- Patrick McNee & Honor Blackman: "Kinky Boots" (see below)
- Sting: "If You Love Somebody Set Them Free"
- Max and his guest Sting talk about:
- His new, solo album The Dream of the Blue Turtles
- Jazz (Max yawns)
- Shoes - brown, not black (begins with strange video insert of Max riffs)
- Getting political in songs
- Being 33
- Playing his songs in foreign countries where they might not understand the lyrics (like America)
- Size 7.5 shoes (begins with B&W film clip set to song "Kinky Boots")
- Mark Knopfler (Sting sasses Max)
- Sandals ("Christ figure" joke)
- The film The Bride
- Pause for long Max riff on variety, entertainment, (Irishmen) and God, with a side glance at Sid Vicious, bad jokes, then mentions of the contest segment to come - "Emotional Outburst," where a lucky contestant will take home their very own country... France
- Tennis (in golf shoes on Sting's court)
- Hair Weaves (mentioned in some lists, not seen in currently available clips)
Notes & Commentary
The Cinemax rebroadcast used a different voiceover announcer to open the show, not used in the UK.
In the opening remarks of the Sting interview, Max's introductory comments from the prior show are reused, making the internal reference to "the last twelve weeks" anachronistic - after that show and prior to this one, it would have been "the last thirteen weeks."
The first part of the Sting interview is identical to what viewers would have seen just two weeks earlier, but then includes some new material towards the end.
Quotes & Caps
- (Cinemax) Announcer: "He's the toast of the town, lightly buttered. He's the non-fattening sugar substitute in your tea. He's a bon vivant, a gaucho amigo, a goombah, a mensch and the fifth Musketeer. He's the apple of your eye and orange you glad he's here. Direct from a wax and shine at the car wash around the corner, it's the man of the hour (or for at least a good 30 minutes)... Max Headroom!"
- : "
- : "
- : "
- : "
- : "
- : "