Pages that are UNDER DEVELOPMENT may be incomplete, but all information they contain should be accurate.
|Title||The Max Headroom Show|
|US Air Date||11 Dec 1985|
|UK Air Date||12 Aug 1986|
|Crew||Talk Show Crew|
|Matt Frewer||Max Headroom|
The fifth Max Headroom talk show featured only videos and some Max riffs.
The MaxRchives contain a complete recording of the Cinemax version of this episode.
Videos & Segments
- Max opens the show with a groovin', get-down hip-hop riff. (Embarrassing, from a late perspective...)
- Video: The Cult, "She Sells Sanctuary"
- Max claims he's a classical music person (as we all know).
- Video: Peter Gabriel, "Shock The Monkey"
- Izzy Royal: "Coronation Street
- The Kinks: "Come Dancing"
- Pat Benatar - "Love is a Battlefield"
- Ledernacken - "Ich will dich essen"
Notes & Commentary
Quotes & Caps
No unique visuals in this episode.
(Max's speech in these shows uses extreme stuttering and repetition, which I will not attempt to replicate in the transcriptions here. You can assume that any stutter noted goes on many times longer.)
- Max: "Oh, oh, you down, yeah, ah right, it's the Max Cornelius Headroom Show, where the pace is hot and the films(?) are not, so watch this and put some pep in yo' step, some cut in yo' strut, roll in yo' stroll, pride in yo' stride, Slick, and some [unintelligible] in your [ditto], yeah! (looks aside) Why [not?] sit here and look what I'm talking about?"
- Max: "These... (snickers) chuckles videos are all very well, but I'm a - ha, ha - classical music person. As I think you know..."
- Max: "The golf lessons are going incredibly well - backswing, coming along, approach shots to the green, coming along... putting, still needs some work on it, but, uh, I'd say it's getting there. Nine out of ten.
- Child voice off screen: "Well, I think that people aren't going to say that's so, Max." [?]
- Max: "Oh. Now, don't go away, 'cuz I've got something really great to show you. Now, I know these videos are very good, but... you can have too much of a good thing. And your mind can sort of O.D. on them. So really, they can be dangerous. And so, by way of a change, here's something... you must not miss. It's unique. I don't believe it's ever been seen on TV before, because I brought it in myself today. And it's totally different. It's a rare of how golf-golf-golf balls are made."
- Max: "
- Max: "