Pages that are UNDER DEVELOPMENT may be incomplete, but all information they contain should be accurate.
|Title||The Max Headroom Show|
|US Air Date||18 Dec 1985|
|UK Air Date||19 Aug 1986|
The Boy George interview segment.
|Crew||Talk Show Crew|
|Matt Frewer||Max Headroom|
The MaxRchives contain a complete recording of the Cinemax version of this episode. A clip of of the Boy George interview can be found on YouTube.
Videos & Segments
- Max introduces the show and his guest Boy George.
- Video: The Police, "Synchronicity II"
- Max sulks about his lack of fan mail.
- Video: Belouis Some, "Imagination"
- Max compares the US to an epic movie.
- Video: Paul Hardcastle, "19"
- Max muses about Beethoven's deafness.
- Video: Black Lace, "Agadoo"
- Max and his guest Boy George talk about:
- What to call each other
- Sanity and insane asylums and recording Culture Club's next album in Switzerland
- Clip from video: Culture Club, "Victims"
- Max asks George about golf and gets a scorching reply
- Video: Culture Club, "Victims"
- George's book & Max's book (Max yawns and gets zinged again)
- Acting on "The A-Team" and "Dynasty"
- Max is back to golf...
- Video: Culture Club, "Victims" concludes
- Minorities & gays
- The Athens concert
- George's career
- Max gives George an autograph book with his signature on the first page
- Bonzo Dog Doo Da Band: "Urban Spaceman"
- Max sings a closing crooner song in a white suit.
Notes & Commentary
Quotes & Caps
(Max's speech in these shows uses extreme stuttering and repetition, which I will not attempt to replicate in the transcriptions here. You can assume that any stutter noted goes on many times longer.)
- Max: "Here on the Max-Max Headroom show, I'll be having a head to head, shoulder to shoulder, eyeball to eyeball, mascara to mascara-to mascara confrontation with Boy George. Could be messy. I don't know who's more nervous: Boy-Boy-Boy... or George."
- Max: "Fan mail. Well, I haven't had any yet.
- Max: "Who was it that said watching the United States is like watching an epic movie. Oscar Wilde? Woody Allen? ...M-M-Max Headroom. Just think: they've got an actor for a president, economic advisors called projectionists, even their latest defense strategy is named after a film: Star Wars. And why pick on that one? Why not something gentler, like Kramer Vs. Kramer? And of course, everywhere in the world to them is just a theater of operations... except when they're fighting in it. And then, it's a theater... of war."
- Max: "You know, I was singing that tune just the other day. And I got a kind of... heh, heh... a kind of ringing in my ears and suddenly I couldn't hear a thing. And I thought: if Beethoven was deaf as a post, how did he know what he was playing? For example: if his piano was out of tune when he played 'duh-duh-duh-DUM,' what was the tune he was actually playing in his head? It could have been 'aga-doo-doo, aga-doo-doo' - it's a pity, because he could have had a big hit with that."
- Max: "Now, this could be tough for you, because I'd like to get right down to that olllld nitty-gritty. The bottom. Line, as they say. And ask you this question: What do you think of golf?"
- Boy George: "Well, I've got better things to do with my balls."
- Max: (yawns) "Sounds like a heavy, serious, down-to-earth, kinda... ball-ball-ballsy book."
- Boy George: "You should read it. It has a lot of advice for abnormal people, you'd enjoy it."
- Max: "