Pages that are UNDER DEVELOPMENT may be incomplete, but all information they contain should be accurate.
|Title||The Max Headroom Show|
|UK Air Date||13 Jan 1987|
|US Air Date||15 Aug 1986|
|Crew||Talk Show Crew|
|Matt Frewer||Max Headroom|
The MaxRchives contain complete recordings of both the US and UK broadcasts of this episode.
Videos & Segments
- Max announces the end of the show, as the end credits roll.
- The regular opening sequence leads us to tonight's game show... Quiz!
- And game shows have prizes!
- Only tonight, we'll skip the game and just give the prize to the audience member sitting in the lucky seat!
- "Roger" wins a four-course steak dinner, served to him right then.
- Video: The Untouchables, "I Spy"
- John Otway & Willy Barrett: "Headbutts"
- Tenpole Tudor: "Swords of 1000 Men"
- Ledernacken: "Shimmy And Shake"
- This show's country theme: France
- Max and his guest Vidal Sassoon talk about:
- Hair cuts
- His products
- Max's style
- Human Potential
- Dyeing hair
Notes & Commentary
This episode opens with a signature piece of Max bizarreness: Max giving a sad end-of-the-show farewell over the closing credits. The regular title sequence then runs... and we're into the game show, "Quiz!"
The "Ridley" sidekick doesn't seem to have survived to a second show.
Quotes & Caps
(Max's speech in this season finally stops using the extreme stuttering and repetition, probably as much for technical, audience and production reasons as because it was getting tiresome. I am still trimming such repetitions to minimum indicators here in the transcriptions.)
- Max: "Well... well... well, ladies and gentlemen, I'm afraid we've come to the end of our show, and we'd just like to thank you for letting us into your homes t-t-to share some laughs with you, and maybe spread a little happiness... your way. Now, the only thing left for me to say is, we'll call around again very soon, and we hope that you're going to be at home when we ring your bell." (calls offstage: "Can I have some te-te-tears, please!" - tears appear on his cheek "Thank you.") (sobs) "G-g-g-goodnight, everyone. God-god-god bless! I love you! I love you!" (turns blase again "Okay, tears back in the box.") (regular opening credits roll.)
- Max: "Hi, and a big-big-big welcome to my game, 'Quiz!'" (a chorus sounding like Munchkins sings the Quiz theme song) "Yeah, god, I love it when those short people sing like that! Yes, ladies and gentlemen, this is the spot in the show where we play the game called... Quiz!" (chorus sings theme song again)
- Max: "Again and again and again and again and again... isn't nature a wonderful thing?"
- Max: "
- Max: "
- Max: "