Max Headroom was basically born as an advertising avatar, to promote both the new Channel Four and his own initial show. He has been used by a number of advertisers since, including a late return to Channel Four.
Data on Max's advertising appearances is incomplete, and updates and additional information are solicited!
- Channel Four / The Max Headroom Show
- The original purpose of Max was to draw attention to the UK's Channel Four and his own talk/video show thereon.
- Radio Rentals
- Max appeared in a number of television and print ads for Radio Rentals, a TV-rental service in the UK.
- If Max is known for one thing, it's either the ABC series or the massive advertising campaign for the second rollout of "New Coke."
- Channel Four Digital
- When Channel Four switched over to digital service, they hauled Max out of cold storage and used him in a series of ads promoting the change.