Welcome to the Max Headroom Chronicles!
This site aims, as it always has, to be the last and most complete word on everything related to Max Headroom: '80s icon, TV show star and host, satirist and cultural meme. If it's Max... you'll find it here.
What you're seeing at the moment is the early stages of a completely new and long-overdue update to the site on the MediaWiki platform. There is much still to come, in organization, content and overall style. Everything is linked, of course, and detailed cross-linking will be an ongoing effort. Feel free to jump in anywhere and follow the connections where they take you. The first generation of the top-level indexes and entry points are below.
|THIS SITE IS UNDER DEVELOPMENT|
| This site is still being rebuilt and expanded for the 30th Anniversary Year, so you may find unfinished pages and a few dead-end links.
You can find a summary of site plans and progress here.
|The original site is still unfinished around the edges but worth a quick look. Until this new site is completely filled out, it may also contain additional information and material.|
|All external links on this site open in a new window.|
This site has been brought live well ahead of being complete, to give visitors access to the material as it accumulates. Much of it is being moved over from the old — really old — site, which is still accessible via the link at right. If you're browsing, you might want to look at both sites. If you're looking for specific information, some of it might be found only on the old site, for a short while longer.
I hope to have the old material completely transferred to this new site soon... and then I can begin the ongoing process of filling it out with additional content from the Project. A considerable amount of new material is already here, if only in brief or page-stub form. The goal remains the same it has been for more than ten years: to gather together in one place every relevant detail about Max, his world and his many appearances. More than that, the purpose here is to validate all that data and strip out the endless errors, mistakes, omissions and guesses, so that what's here is complete, reliable and I would hope moderately interesting to all Max fans and scholars. This new platform will make all these tasks much, much easier.
Until then, you will probably run into unfinished and stub pages. I will also be evolving the style to a more Max-like one, and you might encounter some quirks as a result of that. As Max would say, "Sorry. S-Sorry." If you're interested in the details of what's going on here behind the scenes, you can keep an eye on the updates page. Since everything is an update right now, it holds a summary of the overall work process and immediate plans.
I'm your host and the site proprietor, Blank James. Enjoy your visit!
Show & Appearance Infobanks
- This is the place to start if you aren't seeking more specific information. Like Max himself, it's the anchor of the infobanks here.
- This is where you'll find the tree of information about the various shows Max Headroom appeared in.
- This is where you'll find the tree of information about the many appearances of Max Headroom in advertising.
- This is where to find information on the many television and print "interviews" of Max, as well as his appearances on other shows.
- This is the starting point to locate information on specific characters within the shows, mainly the 1987 ABC series.
- This is the starting point to locate information on actors who played various roles in the shows, especially the ABC series.
- This is where to find information on various guests and acts that appeared on the Channel Four and Cinemax talk/video shows.
- This is where to find information on the many people who created, developed and brought Max to the screen.
Research & History Infobanks
- This is the starting point for reading critique, analysis and history of Max and his world.
- A listing of articles, reviews and other pre-internet writings about Max. (Interviews are listed separately.)
- A listing of the many, many sons (and a few h-hot daughters) of Max Headroom that appeared in contemporary media and continue to p-pop up even today.
- A growing gallery of Max merchandise, materials and ephemera.
- An increasingly-complete timeline of Max events and dates.
ConnexionBank: Site Administration & Contact
| Wait! W-wait! Max wants to say hello:|
- If you're curious about why this site exists and persists.
- If you're curious about the larger project that underlies this public portal.
- Spot an error here? Have some Max data we don't? Please do get in touch. Full credit will be given.
- If you're interesting in contacting the Project leader and site proprietor. (M-Media inquiries invited.)
- Site news, updates and development plans.